I thought I had another couple of days until my second round of #handstand365 completed. While reliving the time around my move from Colorado (thank you, Facebook memories), I came to realize that I started #handstand365 December 1, 2014. Meaning my 2 year anniversary of this daily challenge was last Thursday.
This past year I decided not to necessarily post a handstand picture every day. How many times can you post a handstand splits in front of the studio mural or a brick wall? Though I was still committed to practicing handstand every day, I committed myself to posting only on the days where I felt moved to. My oh my, what a year it’s been. And handstand has been there every step of the way. It wasn’t always pretty, it didn’t always feel good, but I took it with me everywhere I went…
The Painted Hills, OR
Columbia River Gorge
Bainbridge Island, WA
Wrightsville Beach, NC
Los Angeles, CA
Oregon / Washington Coast
I took my handstand in front of the lens…
… through injuries …
… through opening a studio …
… through tough transitions and variations …
… and, of course, all over Portland!
Sometimes I still can’t believe this pose. Something I once thought so impossible, and now it’s a daily practice for me. Something I can hold while talking (or getting kissed by puppies), feel comfortable in busting almost everywhere (still no china shop for this bull, though), and play with countless variations.
Though I am so happy with the progress I’ve made, I can’t wait to see where I take handstand (or where it takes me) in the coming year…
- I’m headed to Banff in February. I’m so excited to play in this gorgeous place!
- I’m still #questforthepress-ing so hard! Puppy press and negative press are feeling more and more solid every day. I’m told straddle press is in my very near future, but I still feel like there’s no way I’ll be able to lift, nay, float my feet off the ground!
- Caitlin and I are planning a European extravaganza next year! I can’t wait to see the European expressions to my public displays of yoga.
- BlogFest is happening in Vegas this year! Yoga on the strip, anyone? I’m determined to bust a pose with one of the Trojans! A yoga pose this time, though…
- I’m still working to deepen my scorpion. I feel like I’ve lost some ground there, but I’ve also had to take a little step back from backbending in the last weeks. Looking forward to putting my back into it!
The list could go on and on… There are always amazing sunsets, scenic adventures, inverting friends, new variations. That’s the beauty of this practice. Yes, I love the thrill of balancing on my hands. But I love all the places I’ve been with it, and am excited about all the places yet to go!
You go girl, how awesome. I always love seeing your handstand pics.
Thanks lady! Hope to see you soon!
You are a constant woman crush and inspiration!!! Happy Handstand Bday, babe!
YOU’RE amazing! Thanks so much for all of your support!
You’re amazing! The elusive handstand. One day! #nevergiveup
See you at Blogfest!
Thanks, Jill! It can be quite elusive, for sure. The daily practice definitely challenged me to play with it every day, and that’s the way to do it! Hope to see you soon!
Such a journey! Oh, the places you’ll go (and have been..) 🙂 xoxo