As much as I love to try new things, I’m also very much a creature of habit. I find something I like and I stick with it. I try out a new tank, love it, and get it in three more colors. I’m very loyal to my favorite brands. You can usually spot me dressed in lulu and Patagonia, wearing Birks, Frye boots, or Nikes, and accompanied by my faithful Nalgene.
One of my favorite parts of my job is getting to discover brands and test out products! I’ve found some of my new favorite things are items that are outside of my norm, and I absolutely love it! Let’s explore…
- I’ve been absolutely failing at hydration lately (again). I’ve been so tied to my Nalgene for so long, and even though it is BPA free, I know glass and metal are really what I should be drinking out of. I’m so excited to try out the new AUTOSEAL Chill, a stainless steel water bottle designed to keep my water (or cold brew, a la Jamie) cold all day long. I can’t wait to break out the AUTOSPOUT (pictured), a glass water bottle protected by the turquoise silicon with a one-touch drink spout. Use the code BOGO to get 50% off for Mother’s Day on contigo.com!
I ALSO just got this amazing tumbler from Miir. I’ve felt guilty for quite some time about how many disposable coffee cups I use, so I’m so excited that this go-cup works for cold and hot liquids, is dishwasher safe, and makes me feel like I’m drinking out of a real cup. And it doesn’t sweat and fits into coffee cup holders. So in love! Seriously, I don’t leave home without it now. Miir also gives back!
- With the arrival of summer, I’m so excited about my new sunscreen! This instant mineral finishing powder from Peter Thomas Roth is SPF 45, is perfect for on-the-go (the single brush allows it to fit in every bag), is chemical-free, and has titanium dioxide and zinc. Gotta protect the skin!
- I’m so obsessed with Handful! I’ve been very selective about when I wear my bright pink one. The color, the level of comfort, it’s perfect. Now I’m so excited to be able to rock this new long line bra in a gorgeous coral color and this amazing Y-back bra in a beautiful red, adorably titled “Red-y Or Not”. Get 20% off your Handful purchase by using the code “mamabear”! This would make for a great Mother’s Day gift to spoil your mama, and keep her handfuls cute and comfy!
- prAna’s Nile Legging are some of my current favorite leggings! They’re seemingly classic black yoga pants, but with the subtle detail of a mesh panel at the ankles. The spandex supports my yoga practice and general sweaty lifestyle, and are also comfortable enough for me to wear out and about for coffee, drinks, and meetings. They’re also bluesign certified, a system that sets the bar for environmental and human rights standards.
- While training for my race later in the summer, I’m only going to be running more. I’m so excited to hit the pavement with my new Volume Maker headphones! They look sleek and delicate, but still afford great sound quality. They’re wireless and Bluetooth, affording more freedom of movement while running and going about daily life. Get 70% off with the code “sweatpink”! Yeah, 70% off!
On a side note, I recently had some great customer experiences where I was expertly educated by salespeople, and ended up leaving with items that I LOVE but wouldn’t have picked out myself.
- I’m SO in love with the new Enlite Bra from lululemon. It’s brand new bra technology with a lot of talk to live up to. I was skeptical. I gave it a test run, literally. On Tuesday I ran 5 miles, taught yoga, and went to bootcamp in this bra. I can only describe it using the words my friend used: “My boobs felt like clouds.”
- I didn’t like ribbed tanks. I haven’t been wearing anything with a built-in bra. I feel like I’d tried this top on in previous years and didn’t like it. I usually always get everything in black, navy, or grey. lulu’s Ebb to Street Tank pretty much as a cult following. I tried it on today since everyone loves it so much, and let my friend put me in this olive-greyish color. The minute I put it on, I knew it was mine. Flattering, functional but still cute, form-fitting but not overly tight, scoop neck without fear of nip-slipping… Perfect! Navy and black are in my future.
- I went into Sephora looking for a daily moisturizer with SPF. I left with a great and humane facial moisturizer with a separate powder sunscreen (above). The saleswoman, originally from Arizona, directed me to what she herself used in such a hot and sunny climate, so I knew it had been put to the test. So far, I’m in love. I’m stoked to see how it holds up as we get sunnier, warmer, and sweatier.
- I went to my favorite local jewelry shop looking for a bracelet. I looked online before I went had a general idea of what I wanted. I let the saleswoman helping me pull out all the options from the designer. One of the brand new styles was among them, which I had initially written off at first digital and IRL glance. But she insisted I try it on and she was exactly right. The minute I saw it was on my wrist I knew it was mine.
Gotta love trusting the experts. I’ll only say it once, right here, right now: You were right.
Disclaimer: Some of the product listed above was provided by the brands. All opinions expressed are my own. I truly appreciate all of the brands that support the Sweat Pink community.