Not too long ago, we were pretty ready for 2016 to end and to slay in 2017:
However, I have to say, 2017 hasn’t started off all that much better. I was sick most of January. We had two more Snowpocalypse episodes, effectively shutting down the city. There’s some serious stuff going on that is affecting my every move, thought, emotion. Plans for the coming year are all made with a quick escape route considering a last-minute cancellation might have to happen. I am, in effect, a big ole question mark right now. Not to mention all of the scary things that are happening in politics right now…
Plus, Jamie blamed a pistol squat sequence on me in front of her class the other day, which was pure lies…
This is all pretty dramatic. Not that it’s not true, but it’s definitely not optimistic. And doesn’t accurately represent that there are definitely great things happening in right now, too.
- Flex & Flow turned one, and classes are bigger and sweatier than ever!
- We’ve almost completely sold out our first Sweat Pink / Flex & Flow retreat!
- 2 spots are left, hurry hurry!
- I leave for Breckenridge in less than 48 hours.
- HIIT yoga is comin’ at ya! We’re getting ready to launch our FFYHIITYOGA training, first here in Portland and then online. We’re having a blast with filming classes right now!
- BlogFest and our Empowered Race Series are both in full-blown active planning modes.
- I’m surrounded by simply amazing people all the time.
See? So many exciting things happening and wonderful things for which to be grateful and happy.
What’s my number 1 way to calm the stress and turn off sad, stressful thoughts? SWEAT! Today we’re rocking out our last #BuildYourBestBody Friday Five workout with Hedstrom Fitness! We’ve loved having the Surge and Kamagon Balls in the studio this month. They’re definitely a #harderthanitlooks way to train; those brightly colored pieces of equipment contain an individualized amount of water. Fluid resistance helps you train dynamically as the water shifts as you move. Yup, definitely harder than it looks.
So grab those Surge and Kamagon Balls, and let’s see what sweaty, torturous fun they have in store for us today…
Sumo Squat with Overhead Press
Lunge and Press
Miss out on workouts 1-3? Here they are!
We’re taking National Red Day into today, too, promoting healthy hearts. Join the movement by rocking red today. And get motivated to move and get sweaty with a red Kamagon Ball! They are 25% off today until 11:59pm EST, and you’ll also get free shipping.
Miss out on the discount? You can get a special 25% off discount at www.hedstromfitness.com/sweatpink by using the code SPHF25. [ Code valid until 2.28. ]